Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More bad press for tarantulas, with my email to BBC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should definitely have cross-referenced their info. a bit more, instead of sourcing it all from the RSPCA guy. 10 inches and tree climbing; lol.
    Still, I think that he was arrested for causing intimidation rather than sending the tarantula as a general thing.
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
    Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Richard,
      What a mess of a news item, eh? I must admit if I'd written it I'd be really embarrassed. Come to think of it, who wouldn't want a B. smithi with a 10" legspan (except a male trying to breed with her perhaps). I'm really surprised about the RSPCA guy though. I'm a member of the RSPCA myself and its not something our officers tend to do, give false info. to the public. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more creative writing on behalf of the journalist here than we have first seen. Like the ITV news report on food supplements last week. I don't know whether it was the reporter or the scientist in Copenhagen, but someone was pulling someone's chain!
      All the best.
      Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 26-04-08, 11:41 PM.
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
        Hi Richard,
        What a mess of a news item, eh? I must admit if I'd written it I'd be really embarrassed. Come to think of it, who wouldn't want a B. smithi with a 10" legspan (except a male trying to breed with her perhaps). I'm really surprised about the RSPCA guy though. I'm a member of the RSPCA myself and its not something our officers tend to do, give false info. to the public. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more creative writing on behalf of the journalist here than we have first seen. Like the ITV news report on food supplements last week. I don't know whether it was the reporter or the scientist in Copenhagen, but someone was pulling someone's chain!
        All the best.
        Lol; I didn't see that report so I wouldn't know, but yes - very true indeed. TBH, I wouldn't want a ten inch tarantula, simply cuz I'd have to spend more cash on more equipment (bigger sizes and quantity) and I'd need to have it in my room, but I have a lot of rubbish in my room lol!
        Thanks Nicola,
        Rich
        Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
        Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X