X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum, you'll have to post pics of your new arrivals.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Seywright
    replied
    Hi folks,

I have been in the hobby a year this valentines, not really been very active on this forum as yet but hope to get posting shortly, possibly spoken to a few of you on other forums. My collection is slowly growing with a psalmopoeus reduncus and a cyriopagopus schioedtei arriving this tuesday.

Hopefully one day i will get a chance to attend a show until then i have not met a single soul in the hobby lol

All the best

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• krystophe lamont
    replied
    no problem. when my nobilis start making egg sacks this spring i will post some to you if you like. and yeah what is it with crocata? i used to see them all the time and now they are really tough to find its taken me ages just to gather up the few i have. i had moderate success with breeding last year. i am hoping for greater luck this year, if i have spare egg sacks i will let you know.
    hey dont discount the lithos! really remarkable, i used to keep exotic pedes, but the expence and diffuculty in supply slowly wore me out. i came across a lovely litho when out bug hunting and thought why not? they are really cool, i prefer them to the exotics in behaviour and sure they arnt huge (not necasarily a bad thing) or bright blue, but they are big enough to easily watch and the shades of orange and red are really quite lovely. sadly they are not very long lived though most making only a year or two...

heh yeah earwigs a lot of people think im nuts for keeping them, but the brood care is just to cool to miss! and the littorea are proper beasts!

Leave a comment:

• Colin D Wilson
    replied
    Nothing wrong with UK natives Krystophe.

Spiders, earwigs are fine.... not keen on any style of centipedes myself cos i'm a wuss

You may be able to help me out later in the year if you can find Dysdera crocata and S nobilis... i'm on a mission to replenish the woodland up here with a few certain species that are now sadly dwindling, got S grossa spiderlings sorted out for introduction in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Krystophe, welcome to the forum, glad to see you're going to rectify your shortage of T's

Leave a comment:

• krystophe lamont
    replied
    hello all,

im just signed up so thought i should get my introductions out of the way!

well i have been keeping inverts for about 25 years, and in that time i have kept all sorts of things.
    for the last few years i have reduced my collection to just a few inverts that i keep in culture.

the main reason im here is i presantly dont own a single T!!!! i plan to remedy this sitation shortly as i now have the time and space for a few tarantulas.

any ways i am glad to be here and look forward to meeting you all!

in any case here is my current list, nothing special mostly UK natives... i have odd tastes!

true spiders
    steatoda nobilis and grossa
    scytodes thoracica
    dysdera crocata

other inverts
    anisolabis littoria
    forficula auricularia
    phyllocrania paradoxa
    lithobius forficatus

feeders
    blatta lateralis
    collembola sp
    drosophila melanogaster and hydei
    Callosobruchus maculatus

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Carole Dallison
    replied
    Welcome to the club Mathew.

Leave a comment:

• matthew king
    replied
    hi guys,

im new on here, i went to the show last year and wanted to join ever since and now i have.

i have been keeping inverts for a good 4 years now, started with a few snails then got some more, then 2 years ago my sisters boyfriend had a T and kept it in very poor conditions so i brought it of him and then i thought there alot more inverts out there that are availible. then for about 4 months i research loads watched robc and jon3800 and then got more and more. Its funny first week i got my first T she moulted so it all happened at once.

now i have 22 Ts 2 spiders, 2 scorps and a centipede. sadly gave away my snails not as good as Ts!

and now i got my oldman into Ts and he has 3 now

take care everyone,
    Last edited by matthew king; 09-01-11, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mark caborn
    replied
    cheers for the welcome yes ive found out im an addict lol

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Mark, welcome to the forum, I was going to mention collecting T's can be addictive, but it looks like you've already found that out lol,

Leave a comment:

• Carole Dallison
    replied
    Hi Mark. Welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• mark caborn
    replied
    hi there names mark im from derby im fairly new to the world of Ts i currently have B.Smithi x2 B.Emillia G.Rosea RCF A.Bicolouratum
    A.New River but it dont stop there plenty more to come my next will be a rio grande gold

Leave a comment:

• Carole Dallison
    replied
    Hi Paul. Welcome aboard

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Paul, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X