Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Rico, nice little collection you have there.

Feel free to post away, always nice to have comments posted from "different walks of life"

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Hi Rico, welcome to the forum, nice to see a vet with an interest in the hobby, and it looks like you're off to a good start with your collection

Comment

• welcome Rico hope you enjoy it here.
        nice collection!
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
          Welcome Rico, nice little collection you have there.

Feel free to post away, always nice to have comments posted from "different walks of life"

Colin
          Thanks for the warm welcome! I like to add more T's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
            Hi Rico, welcome to the forum, nice to see a vet with an interest in the hobby, and it looks like you're off to a good start with your collection
            Thanks! I'll shift to snakes couple of months ago then I'll shift to T's again. Tarantulas are more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Box View Post
              welcome Rico hope you enjoy it here.
              nice collection!
              Thank you sir!
              Last edited by rico pampolina; 04-12-08, 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Hi there all,

I live in the West Country and have been keeping tarantulas for a year or so now. I have definitely been bitten by the bug

My son came in one day announcing "Rosy" was here and i turned round not to a friend but a Chilean Rose!

Rosy subsequently turned out to be a male complete with tibial hooks.

We now have one adult male Grammostola Rosea, an adult female Brachypelma Bohemi, a juvenile Acanthoscurria Geniculata and a young Theraphosa Apophysis. I quite like the idea of breeding the Goliath.

I fancy a Poecilotheria Metallica next.

Regards,

R
                Last edited by R Eng; 06-12-08, 07:41 PM.
                Bitten by the bug!

My Collection: - Educate, research, breed, enjoy

Comment

• Hi R, welcome to the forum, nice to see another West Country member. As you have realised, collecting T's is very addictive, you will find lots of help and advice on the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by R Eng View Post
                    Hi there all,

I live in The West Country and have been keeping tarantulas for a year or so now. I have definitely been bitten by the bug

My son came in one day announcing "Rosy" was here and i turned round not to a friend but a Chilean Rose!

Rosy subsequently turned out to be a male complete with tibial hooks.

We now have one adult male Grammostola Rosea, an adult female Brachypelma Bohemi, a juvenile Acanthoscurria Geniculata and a young Theraphosa Apophysis. I quite like the idea of breeding the Goliath.

I fancy a Poecilotheria Metallica next.

Regards,

R
                    Welcome Richard
                    Yes its and addictive hobby we are in. By they way I have moved you into the BTS member group.

Regards
                    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

• Hello all. My name is Michael Brewer, and I live in Alabama in the USA. I have somewhere around 25 tarantulas, but have an order coming in Dec.10 that will add 10 more to my collection. I am also going to add 4 more next week for my wife's christmas present.

So far I have:
                      0.0.1 A. geniculata
                      1.1.0 A. avicularia
                      0.0.2 A. waconum
                      0.0.1 B. emelia
                      0.1.0 B. klaasi
                      1.0.0 B. albopilosum
                      0.0.1 B. boehmei
                      0.0.1 B. smithi
                      0.0.1 B. vagans
                      0.0.1 E. campestratus
                      0.0.1 G. aureostriata
                      0.1.0 G. rosea
                      0.2.0 L. paraybana
                      0.1.0 N. caloratvillosum
                      0.0.2 N. chromatus
                      0.0.1 P. irminia
                      0.0.3 P. cambridgei
                      1.0.0 P. cancerides

Dec. 10 I am adding

0.1.1 B. emelia
                      0.1.0 B. vagans
                      0.1.0 L. parahybana
                      0.0.5 P. murinus
                      0.0.1 P. platyomma

My wife's Christmas present is:
                      0.0.2 A. purpurea
                      0.0.2 A. versicolor

In addition to all of that, I have 3 wonderful daughters, 1 Colombian redtail boa, 1 Royal python, and a cat.
                      "A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." — Will Rogers, American humorist and Freemason

Comment

• Hi Michael and welcome to the forum, you've got yourself a nice collection going there, hope you find lots to interest you this side of the pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                          Hi Michael and welcome to the forum, you've got yourself a nice collection going there, hope you find lots to interest you this side of the pond.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been downloading the past issues of the BTS journal. Very interesting stuff.
                          "A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." — Will Rogers, American humorist and Freemason

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Brewer View Post
                            Thanks for the welcome. I have been downloading the past issues of the BTS journal. Very interesting stuff.
                            Michael
                            I have move you to the BTS members group, you can now post images in the gallery and post adverts with extra features in the classifieds.

Welcome to the forum

All the best
                            Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                              Michael
                              I have move you to the BTS members group, you can now post images in the gallery and post adverts with extra features in the classifieds.

Welcome to the forum

All the best
                              Mark
                              Thank you so very much.

Comment

• welcome to the forum, nice to see another West Country member
                                Yes its and addictive hobby we are in
                                Hi again and thank you.

I'm really looking forward to a great community especially as a show has started up not far from us (Bugfest SW).

I already have my beady eye on a Ephebopus Cyanognathus and i could justify a B. Smithi too as my better half said that would be her choice.

Oh the Chile Rose has decided to make a rare appearance!
                                Must go and admire him...

R
                                Last edited by R Eng; 08-12-08, 07:35 PM.
                                Bitten by the bug!

My Collection: - Educate, research, breed, enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X