This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mandy Clinch View Post
    Hello everyone. I only have one T at the moment but i have plans for more. I have a G.Rosea called Lola. I have had her just over a year and can't imagine being without her now. My 4 year old son loves her and has asked for a redknee for his birthday!
    Will be coming up in may to the show so look forward to meeting some on you there
    Hello Mandy, fancy seeing you here! Lol!

OOOhhhh, you getting little man a red knee for his birthday? Hmmm, what can i tell Yeli her T is for?

anyway, Im Jo, and (obviously) and friends with Mandy and will also be coming to the show in May!

I don't have any Ts of my own at the moment. I have admired/loved and been fascinated by Ts for years but up until now circumstances (ex partner who hated spiders, young babies in the house etc) prevented me from owning my own. However now my kids are a bit older, it's time to get one.

My 3 yr old is obsessed with GBBs so we will be on the look out for one of them for her. Wouldnt mind getting my own T too though!

Hope to get to know you all better, and see some of you in May

Jo
    x
    Owner of:
    A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
    Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
    Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

• My introduction

Hello All
      I am Juan, just became a member of this forum and a member of the BTS. I enjoy the hobby and I enjoy learning and improving my knowledge on raising/breeding T's and other arthropods as well. Although I have always had some sort of arthropods since I was a child, it is two years now that I became fully engaged in this hobby as more knowledge has made possible to maintain and reproduce arthropods. As a Mexican I have the fortune to enjoy some of the most beautiful tarantula species since breeding Mexican tarantulas has become a growing hobby in Mexico .
      I have been to England once but only to Cambridge for a work-related visit and to London for a day , but who knows, maybe I return to atend a BTS Exhibition in the near future which will be great!
      Cheers

Comment

• Hey team,

I started off with a B.Smithi which I bought for £30 ( lol i know ) at my local reptile shop its was a tiny spider ling about the size of a 20p, I have now had it for just under 5 years and is now bigger than a CD. I have had it sexed and confirmed that its a female. Shes called Myetta, a couple of years ago I was going to sell her, was about to put the ad in the paper and felt really sad so didn't bother and decided to keep her. I bought another spider ling a pokie (Poecilotheria Straita). Only problem was we had a very cold winter here in fife and unfortunately I lost the little fella, which prompted me to move the glass cabinet from the outside wall to an inside wall in my living room. Although I am not completely sure if the cold was the problem as my mates one passed away as well. The Straita had a molt as well. Anyway.

I joined BTS to speak to other people in the hobby and to gain some much needed experience although I don't think I have done to bad with my b.smithi, I will post some pics of my b.smithi for comments in a few hours, she has bright red knees unlike other pictures I have seen....

I work as a I.T technician for Samsung but am going back to university this year to complete my BENG in Computer Security and Forensics. I live in Inverkeithing in Fife, don't know were it is?, I can see the Forth Rail bridge and trains going across it from my kitchen and bedroom window.

I hope I will be able to attend one of the conventions shortly.

Thank you for reading and HI.
        Last edited by Stephen Heather; 21-04-10, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• welcome, Juan! must be amazing having those spiders on your doorstep!
          hope you manage to make it to the BTS expo sometime soon, be good to meet you!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• welcome Stephen! it'll be great to see your spider. the only problem is that being on here will tempt you to get many more!
            pity about the striata, they're one of members of that genus that i personally like.
            hope you do make it to a show sometime to meet some of this bunch! loads of friendly people and great spiders to be seen!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

• Hi Peoples.
              I am from down under (South Africa), Pinetown Durban. I have been keeping and breeding Tarantulas for than a couple of years now. Very soon I will be immigrating back to the UK, Redditch to be more exact. I was wondering if there are people in that area who keep and breed Tarantulas that I could get in contact with. If anyone would like to visit the south African site and read up on some of goings on, here is the site URL http://www.tarantulas.co.za . I have not been very active on the site for various reasons but is a wealth of info. I still have some Tarantulas but am in the process of selling them off and giving them away before I leave for the Uk.
              Cheers
              Wayne

Comment

• Hello BTS,

My name is Christian and I live on the west coast of the US. I am happy to be here and an actual member of your forum. I have heard only good things about the BTS, I have searched and read many threads here prior to joining. I have been keeping tarantulas for over a decade now, they never cease to amaze me. This seems like a Great place to expand my knowledge and share my experiences as well.

Christian

Comment

• Welcome to the forum guys, nice to see keepers from other countries on here.
                  Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                    I'm Chris, 36, and like a few others here got a T to help conquer my arachnophobia!

I'm very new to the hobby but am enjoying it immensley, hence my joining the BTS

Cheers,

Chris
                    *Insert witty comment here*

Comment

• welcome, Wayne, Christian and Chris!
                      Wayne, i'll check out your site, sounds great! hope you enjoy it over here...i don't know the Redditch area, but doubtless they'll be an enthusiast or two nearby! plus we all meet up at the shows.
                      Christian, nice to see another US member!
                      Chris, welcome to the hobby, glad you're being proactive with the phobia. this hobby has helped many overcome it!
                      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

• Hello there, about time I got around to doing this.

My name is Bernadette Hughes and I live in Wales with my husband and 3 Tarantula's. Got into this hobby by accident, my sister had a G.Rosea that she coulsn't keep anymore and so passed it on to me. 4 years later, I now have a A. Metillica as well as the G.Rosea and a E.Camperstratus 'sling too. Have been watching the BTS website and forums for awhile and decide to jump onboard ^^ and will be going to this year's show in a few weeks. Hopefully will see you guys there

Comment

• welcome, Bernadette! lovely T's you have! bet you end up with a few more at the show
                          you should meet a fair few of us there!
                          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Box View Post
                            welcome, Bernadette! lovely T's you have! bet you end up with a few more at the show
                            you should meet a fair few of us there!
                            Aye well I'll be bringing the the A.Metillica and the G.Rosea to the show and yep I plan to come home with a few ^^. It will be nice to meet people who are not afraid of my babies.
                            Last edited by Bernadette Hughes; 10-05-10, 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

• Hi,

I'm a returning member of the board, let things lapse a bit, I'm afraid.

Still have Sydney the Lasiodora parahybana and have four vivs waiting for houseguests!

Good to be back and I look forward to catching up on the latest news.
                              Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

• Hi Guys.
                                I`m Caz and I`m a newbie. I`ve had a facination about Tarantula`s for years. Asked hubby if I could have one, his reply was "No, it aint happening" So we`re now divorced and I have 14 gorgeous little T`s, haha! Looking forward to meeting and chatting to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X