X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mosdell
    replied
    Hey Jenny, welcome to the hobby! B.albo is a very nice starter species, hope you enjoy it! Never got into Brachy's myself although I have always wanted an emilia!

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lacey
    replied
    Welcome to all the recent new people, hope you'll find this site a great source of information and encouragement.

Jenny, I'm considering selling my B. albopilosum (Honduran Curly Hair) soon, along with a few others. I've had it since a tiny sling over 2 years ago but I need to reduce and so I'm moving out most of my terrestrials. If you're interested let me know, but if you already have your sights on one then I can confirm these make great starters, hardy and easy to keep. G. rosea are also easy to keep and make perfect starters with only one issue - that of fasting for months or even years - it worries the new keepers so much its probably on every tarantula forum in the world! I have a female of these available too.
    If I had the choice of either I'd have both, and therein lies my problem

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Denny Teasdale
    replied
    Hi Jenny...I'm new to the hobby too....Getting a G. rosea on Saturday...got all the tank set up and ready just need my T and a couple of sundry items...!

I've found people on here really friendly and knowledgeable. I did a lot of research too as it's not something you really want to go into with your eyes shut and jumping in with both feet as you could get injured and a lot of sites/petshops both online and personal visits have said that G. rosea is a perfect starter T as it's docile and doesn't really take a lot of looking after. Not heard much about the B. albopilosum...are they like B. smithi...?

Anyway I've waffled on enough....welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Jenny Wallace
    replied
    Hi all,

Just joined the forum. I'm new to tarantulas, so looking forward to learning loads! Doing research at the moment and will be getting my first spider soon - probably Brachypelma albopilosum.

Cheers

Jenny

Leave a comment:

• Guy Lemaire
    replied
    Thank you Mike

They are true friends ! Hope you will find your dreaming pet

Leave a comment:

• Mike Mosdell
    replied
    Welcome Guy, those are some nice species. Still havent got into pokies myself but will be soon! You also have one of my favourites, B.emilia! Love those

Leave a comment:

• Guy Lemaire
    replied
    Thank you

Thank you Lynda for this qwick and friendly welcome.. For sure, computer translator are not for the dog ! Good night !

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi, welcome to the forum Guy, hope you find lots to interest you

Leave a comment:

• Guy Lemaire
    replied
    Hello

Hello

Writing it s hard to me because i m french speking belgian.
    I m 55 and i m a contemporary art maker.
    I m wearing Ta-Moko
    And yes my english is rather poor !
    Thanks

My friends... all girls : Theraphosa blondi, Poecilotheria regalis, Brachypelma emilia
    When i will a rich man or if Santa Claus remember me my next girlfriend will be an Poecilotheria metallica

Leave a comment:

• Denny Teasdale
    replied
    Hi James...I'm new myself and should have a Chile rose this time next week...i've looked at millipedes and centipedes but decided on a Tarantula...this is not dismissing them completely though...! I've learnt a lot in the few weeks i've been on here and found the other members to be very friendly indeed...nice collection by the way...!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Ball
    replied
    Hey all

Hey all,

I'm Matt, currently living in Colchester, Essex. I have two T's: an Avic Avic Pinktoe called Pebble and an Aphonopelma sp. New River called Professor Nibbles.

Leave a comment:

• Jennifer Lornie
    replied
    Hello everyone!

Hi Everyone! I'm new on here and have no tarantulas yet but i am thinking of getting one and want as much info on caring for them properly as i can get before going any further! I hope you will help me with answers and not think i'm completley hopeless!!

Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• DanEgan
    replied
    Hello, I am Dan. I have about 16 spiders at the moment. All for 2 being Old worlds.

Leave a comment:

• andy hood
    replied
    hello michelle and welcome to the bts forum

Leave a comment:

• Michelle Howarth
    replied
    Hi

I recently joined the BTS and thought I'd come visit the forums. I hail from Northamptonshire and have a nice collection of about 60 tarantulas. Always looking to learn more about these wonderful little, somewhat addictive creatures.

Kind Regards,

Michelle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X